Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Giant-Sized Avengers and Law and Order Premiere

Ok, I've read only a handful of comics where a single panel can bring me to tears. Giant-sized Avengers had one. It occurred at the end of the Spiderman story where Cap says to SM, "You know with this power comes great responsibility." I might be paraphrasing but it was something to that equivalent. Man, I was choking up already. Then Peter's thought bubble is something like, "First Uncle Ben, now Cap. What is it with that generation?" Then after this story when Wasp, Ms. Marvel and Black Widow(all in bikinis no less) are all sitting around they talk about no one ever being able to fill Cap's shoes. It's trite but good. You read it and realize Cap had to die, not because those values aren't pertinent or worthy, we don't want to live up to them anymore. We want our shades of comfortable gray, we don't want to think what's right is right, what's wrong is wrong. Needless to say, this was one of the best comics I have read in months.

Law and Order is on now and I alreaady miss the big man, Fred Thompson. Where is Elizabeth Rohm anyways? The new female lead lawyer just isn't all that. It's pretty bad when the female police captain is maybe the best looking female on the show. I guess we still have Mariska Hargitay on SUV, oh wait, they make her look far too butchy for my tastes. Oh we still have Kathryn Erbe on CI. Sam Waterson just plain sucks as the DA. Yet another show that will probably stink it up in the new season. So NBC has Las Vegas, I guess USA has L&O:CI, and after the first week in February that's it until next year. Where is Dave Chapelle when we need him? Man, that Black White Supremacist is the funniest thing ever. Not to mention the whole Ribs thing, but hey they give me the itis too...

No comments: