Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Vlog Attempt

Well, been pretty busy, but I'm not going to complain. I had my first intermediate accounting test today, we will see how that turned out. Now, on to the important stuff..

Strahan retired, and even though Craig and Big B are a little miffed by this as a 'Skins guy, I gotta say wahoo! Maybe just maybe that softens up the G-Mens pass D a little. In a division where all the team seem to be getting better and better defensively someone needed to take a step back.

I'm in the toughest division in WSFB so I can't buy a break there. Eric Byrnes being out hurt me a lot in that league. Now Wainwright is leaving with a finger injury. I understand the mental toughness required for baseball, after all what would anyone think of a QB who completes 33% of his passes, so is that what makes them hurt themselves so much. It's probably mental stress translating to physical injuries.

Saw Kung Fu Panda this weekend. It was allright. I like Jack Black, he was even good in King Kong. There is a boring part that was actually slow to everyone I have talked too. Absolutely no one I talk to recommends the new Indy movie. So I think next up, The Hulk, with the rumored Cap cameo.

Life is good, I've completed half of the message, and I times it seems like the old testament promoted totalitarianism, whereas the new promotes an anarchy of responsibility. The two biggest themes I have taken aware so far are forgiveness and your responsibilty to forgive. Honestly, I am not getting alot out of the old testament.

1 comment:

M. Robert Turnage said...

I like The Message, but I can understand some of the issues you might have with the Old Testament.

Once I tried to tell Citibank that it was the Year of the Jubilee and they should forgive all my debts. Apparently, Citibank doesn't believe in the Year of the Jubilee.

There is a good series on Slate called, "Blogging the Bible." It might be interesting to you.

http://www.slate.com/id/2167894/

And I'm still smarting from the last Hulk movie. Fool me once...

Let me add my voice to the chorus - Indy 4 is bad.

Right now, I'm looking forward to Wall-E and The Dark Knight. That might be it for me for the rest of the summer.