Monday, October 1, 2007

Been a long time since I posted

Wow, it's been a while. A good bit has happened that I would like to share with you.



Been thinking alot about getting a little bit older with this whole turning 35. That has lead me to a lot of spiritual/philosophical thinking. When I think spiritually or philosophically I think in terms of, of course, football. Doug and I were pretty buzzed after the draft and we were both talking about feeling like C-Mart. For all his career Curtis Martin ran, caught, and even threw(though not that often) the ball far too many times for even a great NFL rb. Him and I are roughly the same age, and now he is in a bone on bone knee situation. Feeling like Curtis Martin, really isn't such a bad thing. It means 1) you are a first ballot HOFer(I might get some arguments on this but wait and see, wait and see), 2) someone, trusts you to be the "man" and finally 3)somewhere there is a Kevin Mawae clearing the middle for you to run through. Needless to say, Curtis Martin also got to touch the ball plenty of times and make things happen. So I guess what I am trying to say is yes it is hard to be a Curtis Martin, but clearly it isn't all bad. By the way, Doug is a good bit of fun to get buzzed with.



Fantasy football wise, I won the money league and it looks like I am in the strange position of having a bevy of good WRs. I can't describe that, because this may be the first year I am in that position(thanks Nicky for dropping Dwayne Bowe!!). Next year I will have plenty of good keepers with my young WRs and the always cute(at least according to Cora) Chris Cooley. Bet wise, guess who won and who lost, yes that's right the Lions won and the Ravens lost. Remember who said all summer the Ravens had no serious injuries last year...that would be me. Truthfully, it looks like the Ravens and the Chargers may have been products of their schedules last year. Parity in the NFL is just a joke. Right now I am looking forward to either Peyton "SNL" Manning or Tom "Who's Your Daddy(copyright Candi, 2007)" Brady taking it to Tony "Took a Louisville Slugger to Both Headlights" Romo in the SuperBowl.

No comments: